Biting the bullet


My last few posts have been about gardening, but I had a bit of a revelation the other day. I’m writing about gardening not because it is my main passion (though it is definitely high on the list!) but because it feels safer than the other things I would like to blog about. Gulp.

God told me at the beginning of this year that one of my words for this year was COURAGE. My awesome husband asked me a challenging question from a blog post he read.
“What would you do if you were ten times bolder?” The follow-on from that was If you could answer with anything, then you are letting fear restrict your life, your destiny.
My instinctive response was that I would write a blog. I love writing but have felt that insidious whisper of fear

“You think you have something to offer?”

“You think there isn’t already someone out there who has said it better?”

“You think you know more than the people who would read it??”

Oh man. Fear sucks! Seriously, doesn’t it??

My darling bestie, when I sheepishly and hesitantly made these excuses out loud, did what any great friend would do at this point. She snorted with laughter and said
“Anita, don’t be stupid.”
She did say more than that.
“Anita, of course you have something to offer! By writing a blog, you’re not saying you know more than anyone or that you can say it better than anyone, you’re not claiming to have it nailed, you’re just offering a unique perspective, sharing your own struggles, so that others can see you have walked that road too.”

So here I am. Biting the bullet. Taking a deep breath and leaning, with courage, into the unknown. Stay tuned!


What about you? Is there something you would do if you were ten times bolder? I would love to hear from you.

Comments

  1. What have you got to lose would be my question to myself if I was upfront.
    Nothing Jesus still walks beside me. Holy Spirit stays within me.
    Fathers will never reject me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Sandra! We have unconditional love on our side, whom shall we fear?!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kids and apologies

What to do when you are Never Enough